Top Banner

Free Catalog

Follow Us

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

My Shop's Dust Collection Build

BillTheBuilder replied the topic: My Shop's Dust Collection Build

More Pictures! I did want to note again DO NOT USE GREAT STUFF ON A NEW TABLE SAW!!!lol this is an older one I don't care about and did it on the cheap and easy way!

Last couple of pictures, and you can laugh at the great stuff I used lol.
Figured I would throw in this little clip...
Table Saw Results

colin replied the topic: My Shop's Dust Collection Build

LOL ... I never thought of using Great Stuff on a table saw, but I can see it works. It always amazes me what woodworkers can come up with. I often tell people that the most innovative people in the world are farmers, followed quickly by woodworkers.
Thanks Bill ... neat idea
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillTheBuilder

Haha, you are welcome Colin. I actually "expanded" that idea from a video I saw of a guy using that foam the put in couch cushions. Only problem wife would have killed me if I cut up one of the couch cushions :angry: :woohoo: . Drywall screws were what I had at the moment , could have put in a little better connecting system. However I really would not change the Rubber Foam High Density Weather stripping. If one had to take it off, it peels right off. Put new on. The panels could've been painted but kinda like the natural look haha. My next project is the other table saw muahhhh. Probably use the cushion material in it. Ohhhh honey :evil: :whistle:

colin replied the topic: My Shop's Dust Collection Build

Not sure if you will find a riving knife, but you can certainly add an after market splitter to your ripping saw, which will make it safer for you and better for ripping any woods that have built in tensions.

The pics look like you are making good progress, thanks for the tip on the Industrial Dust Deputy, a steel version sounds more attractive, and I am liking the 2 stage usability, but like you say , capacity is an issue.

A few years ago I saw a huge dust collector for a large commercial shop the top was probably 6 feet by 8 feet and 6 feet high, and underneath was a bit square bin, about the size of a small pickup truck box ... on wheels so you could roll it out. It was rated so high, that it didn't emit ANY dust after it got sucked in. Would love to have something like that ... but for a one-man shop.

Thanks again Colin, Splitter is what I was looking for!! Got some ideas or links to a website?
You know if one had one of those hooked up to atleast a 55gallon container that would be well worth the purchase. It would be easier on the DC Main Unit.

Wow now that's an awesome dust collection unit!!! I was going through craigslist a while back and believe this one is comparative to the one you mention, yeah definitely an answer to ones problem of dust in the and the surrounding city block hahaha here is a link....
Colin's New Dust Collector!
Thought you would like this one Colin!

Bill
P.S. Shoot a few links in for some aftermarket splitters please.