Top Banner

Free Catalog

Follow Us

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Ultimate router jig for dados

td3pnt created the topic: Ultimate router jig for dados

Hi, I am new to the forum, but I had a question. I made Colin's " Ultimate router jig for dados and slots". I thought it said to make it 28 inches, but now I am thinking it should've been longer. My question is, for the dados, what size router bit do I need? I am sure it depends on what size dados I would like to make. I am thinking if my dados are generally larger than 1/2 inch but smaller than 1 inch, a half inch router bit would probably be the right size. Thanks

Derek replied the topic: Ultimate router jig for dados

Hi td3pnt and welcome to the forums,

the size of your router bit is any size the dado requires. As far as the length of the Dado Jig goes just go back to view the video and note the dimensions Colin gives on paper. It really helps to keep us going in the right direction as we build jigs.Also, read the article related to the video. Colin sometimes has additional details not mentioned in the video so check it out.

If you have any other questions on this jig or anything else for that matter just post the question and we will do whatever we can to help you out.

Derek

td3pnt replied the topic: Ultimate router jig for dados

Thanks Derek

colin replied the topic: Ultimate router jig for dados

Great points ... yes, depending on what you want to do with the jig, in this case longer is probably better. I am finding mine is still a bit shorter than I would like ... time to make version 2 one of these days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: td3pnt