Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Dust Collection System or not ??

Woodman created the topic: Dust Collection System or not ??

I have a small workshop (less than 30 square feet). I do not produce a much dust most of the time, but some days I do. I do not have any kind of dust control, and I don't want to pump the dust outside, especially in the winter as I will have to re-heat the shop all the time. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? SHould I use a portable dust collector?

colin replied the topic: Aboout Dust

There are a number of good reasons to keep your workshop as dust free as possible, beginning with your health ... the most important one. As a rule many portable dust collectors are not great dust collectors, but anything is better than what you have right now. I suggest you check and see if there are any comparison charts for different dust collection systems. Normally the more you pay the better system you get. All I can tell you is you should get someing, and soon.

Woodman replied the topic: Air Filter

What do you think about a simle air filter that hangs from the ceiling?
  • arnold

arnold replied the topic: Re: Dust Collection System or not ??

It really depends how much dust you are creating, but remember you cannot protect yourself too much from inhaling dust. It can be very hard on your lungs, especially long term (I know this from experience).
  • zeus

zeus replied the topic: Re: Dust Collection System or not ??

I use one of those hanging ceiling filters in my small shop (shed :?) and it works great for me

colin replied the topic: Re: Dust Collection System or not ??

What is the brand name of the one you use, and do you know what size of dust particles it filters out?

Join Us On:

YouTube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
   Pinterest
   Google+