Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Dave Hout wood threading jig?

• jquinn
  • jquinn's Avatar Topic Author

jquinn created the topic: Dave Hout wood threading jig?

:?:
Hello
Does anyone here (who might have also seen the DIY network TV show featuring turner Dave Hout) know anything about the wood thread cutting jig he used on one of the episodes?
It looks homemade and does not appear overly complicated to make, but some plans would be helpful. Unfortunately the DIYnet website for the show is lacking in any info at all on the most critical part or tool used in the show.
  • mn2tx

mn2tx replied the topic: Re: Dave Hout wood threading jig?

Jquinn; Did you get any replies by email. I would also like to know about such a jig.

Answer, anyone.
  • mroe

mroe replied the topic: Re: Dave Hout wood threading jig?

Me too. Can't seem to find anything on web about it, and I've been trying to find an email address for him. If I find anything, I'll let you all know.
  • Pop_Pop

Pop_Pop replied the topic: Re: Dave Hout wood threading jig?

Hi Guys,
I read your posts tonight, and remembered seeing a shop made threading jig on someones web site. I managed to find it again. Check it out. It may fit your needs. homepage3.nifty.com/manasan/english/diy/turning/turn-1.htm
  • clem3

clem3 replied the topic: Re: Dave Hout wood threading jig?

the jig you refer to is not home made it ranges in price from $400 to 595 I own one I have talked to Dave about the threading unit it works well on threaded boxes clem

Join Us On:

YouTube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
   Pinterest
   Google+