Top Banner

Free Catalog

Follow Us

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Any more toy makers here?

BillTheBuilder replied the topic: Any more toy makers here?

I have made two toy cars, one pictured from a scrap 2' x 4' pine hunk of wood. Pretty easy and cheap. Radial arm saw, draw freehand on the wood, then hit up the band saw. Then went to the disc/belt sander for a while. Also used the drill press I have setup to use the drum sanding bits. Also use my drill to guide the screws in. I used contact cement to hold the screw to the wood. Still holding. The wheels were rounded free hand on the sander. They "turned" out umm ok.
Attachments:
  • arnold

arnold replied the topic: Any more toy makers here?

those will make nice little rugged toys for some child
i see similar ones that they selll at the flea markets for like 12 to 15 bucks or more if they are painted with a bit of detail

It was for my toddler and he plays with it from time to time. Thank you for your idea :). I ill keep that in mind though. Was just worried about the paint coming off. So I left it unfinished.

By the way Arnold very nice to meet you. Sorry was in a hurry earlier and forgot my manners. There are many toys that can be made from wood. Some kids use certain shapes and blocks for learning motor function , eye and hand coordination , texture relavancy , etc. As far as a profit not sure if I could as I'm not that good yet. Some of the items pictured earlier wow now that is skill!!!
  • arnold

arnold replied the topic: Any more toy makers here?

hello bill nice to meet you to sorry i am a off and on user here so sometimes slow. you make some good points about toys that i hadnt though of
its been a long time since i nad kids around and dont make toys now but there are some very nice wood ones i see on the internet and so on.
thanks for posting your pictures nice to have alook at others set ups

Thank you as well and you're welcome. As a beginner I am trying to attack learning woodworking in every way I can. Yes there are many beautiful toys that skilled woodworkers make that one day maybe ill be just as good like everyone here! My newest toy project is gonna be a toy organizer for my son. Might take a little time but I will post results here. Again thanks for your compliments. Do you still do woodworking projects?