Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Text Size

Pine clock

Glen created the topic: Pine clock

This is the project I've wanted to make since high school shop class some,,, well,, all those years ago!! :laugh:

Knotty pine from the local lumber yard. This is very good wood. I picked up 1x12x10 & ripped 2 1/2" off each board edge to get the 1/4 sawn for the frames. Made up some raised panels for the bottom case. Built a jig for the router to make evenly spaced holes for shelf pins on each side for some glass shelves. The little bit of trim you see I made on the router table. Still have the bonnet to build & a lot of sanding & finish work but so far I'm liking what I've got here!!

colin replied the topic: Pine clock

That looks great Glen ... well done buddy. Sure makes a difference when you can see pics, thanks for posting these.

Colin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glen

Glen replied the topic: Pine clock

Thanks Colin!! Started on the bonnet this afternoon. Ordered the works & the dial yesterday. Just a simple atomic movement & a really nice oval dial. It should work well with the opening in the door.

Glen replied the topic: Pine clock

Sorry I haven't been keeping you all up to date on this. I need to get better pics.

It's all done. Aged Maple Gel stain & one coat of Amber shellac plus 2 coats of clear shellac over that.

Atomic movement with no chimes bells or whistles. I preferred the older looking oval clock face to the round ones. To me it allowed me to slim the bonnet & stretch it a little taller. The shape on the door rails & the waist rails duplicate the feet.

As you can see I installed a mirror in the back of the waist & some glass shelves for Diane's glass ware.

Lights off in the room & the 3 LED puck light lit shining down on the colored glass.

On to the next project!!

Derek replied the topic: Pine clock

Hi Glen,

I see that you have been keeping yourself busy. Wow ! That is a beautiful piece of work to say the least. I love the combinations of stains and finish. An awesome job bud.

Derek

colin replied the topic: Pine clock

Very nice job Glen ... thanks for posting this, great to see what people are building.

Colin

Join Us On:

YouTube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
   Pinterest
   Google+