Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Adjustable play table

Glen created the topic: Adjustable play table

My Daughter & SIL asked me to make a play table for Weston. And of course they wanted it adjustable. Can't be a simple table you know!! Adjusts from Adjusts from 17" to 26 1/2". More if I go with the wider trim around the top.

Since this is a painted piece I will be using Poplar.

At any rate this is the idea I came up with. It adjusts easily & should be very sturdy. The prototype is of one corner in the finished look. I may make the trim 3" wide to better resemble the aprons. 1 3/8" M&T joints,, rather than pocket screws since he now likes to climb & jump on the aprons. The leg boxes will have biscuits & glue rather than the drywall screws. Legs are 2" square.

The leg keys are 5/8" Oak dowels with a basic wooden knob from Lowes. I might make the knobs from some Ebony I have.

For those that are still looking any & all feedback is appreciated!!

Derek replied the topic: Adjustable play table

Hey Glen, this is an interesting idea. I'm probably out in left field... again..... but what are ,,,, never mind... I found it. I'm gettin too old for this stuff.

Derek :blink:

Glen replied the topic: Adjustable play table

:laugh: It's all good!! Hang in there my Friend!!

Derek replied the topic: Adjustable play table

I couldn't resist Glen. It's always in good humor with me. :lol:

:laugh: Yeah those are cell phone pics. Aint got no steenking time/date stamp on them!! :P

To get back on topic here :laugh: I decided the legs won't be 2" square. I've backed that down to 1 1/2" square. I just couldn't see leaving that extra weight in there. Might only shave a few lbs off but hey,, it's lighter!!

The trim around the ply will also get an upgrade to 2" tall. That will allow me 2 pocket screws & glue to hold the corners tighter together.

Join Us On:

YouTube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
   Pinterest
   Google+