Top Banner

Free Catalog

Follow Us

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Projects that Members are currently working on ???

Derek created the topic: Projects that Members are currently working on ???

Anyone have a project that you are working on right now ? I have just finished a Jewellery Box using a pattern from Steve Carmichael's woodworking that you might want to try. I will put up some pics shortly.

Derek

Glen replied the topic: Projects that Members are currently working on ???

Once the weather stabilizes a bit here I'm going to start a pub style table & 6 chairs.

Derek replied the topic: Projects that Members are currently working on ???

Right on Glen. I have been trying to get back to making furniture both indoor and outdoor for quite awhile now. I just can't seem to get away from Butcher Blocks and Jewellery Boxes. I can't believe how popular they have been but it keeps me moving forward.

I have drawn up four or five Sofa Tables with inlay tops that I want to make but I keep getting blind sided by life. LOL If my legs hold up this summer I should be able to get to them. I have been cutting the individual pieces I want for my inlay patterns since Dec and I done them up in large numbers so I have plenty to choose from once I start putting them together. This reminds me to order some more glue with a longer working time or "Open Time" as they like to put it.

The first two weeks of May are a total write-off for the Trout Season opening up here. I can't wait to get back on the water again. That is my "other happy place".

What style are you shooting for with your chairs Glen ? Are you scooping the seats out or having arm rests etc ?

Anyone else have something they are working on ?

Derek

Derek replied the topic: Projects that Members are currently working on ???

Hey Glen, did you get my PMs I sent ?