Top Banner

Follow Us

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Introduction is in order

ExpressEN1 created the topic: Introduction is in order

My interest in wood working came from my father. He was the one who taught me how to read a tape measure and to use hand tools. After 15 years in theNavy, I drove for a lumber yard until I got a job as a framing carpenter. Laminated beams finally got the best of my back so I went to work for a local utility. My father passed when I was in my twenties and then my mother shortly after turning 51. I can't explain it but, mom passing brought out this urge to start building things. I chose toy boxes and book shelves as a start. So far I have managed two toy boxes and a bookshelf.

ExpressEN1 replied the topic: Introduction is in order

I thought I would share my first three projects.
Attachments:

Glen replied the topic: Introduction is in order

Sorry to hear about your Parents passing. Those are 3 very nice projects you built for sure!!

colin replied the topic: Introduction is in order

Nice work Express1, thank you for posting these, always nice to see work from others and hear their stories ... very inspirational. Sorry to hear about your folks, but interesting how they have motivated your creative side.

Colin

Derek replied the topic: Introduction is in order

Very nice work Express1. My condolences for your loss. It's funny/odd where we get our inspiration from as woodworkers at times. Where ever you find yours, just figure it out and enjoy the process. Thanks for sharing you projects.

Derek

ExpressEN1 replied the topic: Introduction is in order

Well, it's finished. We used it on Christmas Day. We told the grandaughter it was for here and that she needed to open it. All her presents were inside it. It was a very good christmas day.
Attachments: