Free Catalog

Follow Us

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

hitachi C10FL table saw

• steelfly28
  • steelfly28's Avatar Topic Author

steelfly28 created the topic: hitachi C10FL table saw

i was looking at this table saw at lowes today. seems like a nice saw but can find no info about saw on hitachi's website or on the internet other than you can get one at lowes. anyone have any info good or bad about this table saw. thanks in advance for info.
  • ziggy

ziggy replied the topic: Hitachi C10FL

I'm also looking into the Hitachi C 10FL-- I haven't taken a close look at Lowe's yet, but I did find the website(Hitachi has more than one). Try www.hitachi.us (I think). There I was able to download the Owners manual in .pdf format. Looks good so far-- I want to make sure the mitre slot is standard, and that the blade is a left-tilt.
  • tcj4

tcj4 replied the topic: Hitachi C 10FL

I was looking at the Jet that was on sale at Lowes. I had researched it on line and was all set to buy it. I started looking at the Hitachi C 10FL and was impressed with it's features. The fence was my only concern because it was not to smooth. But after talking with the sales man he mentioned the guy assemblying them may not have put it together right.
It was almost $100.00 cheaper than the Jet, 3HP, casters, and close to being a cabnet saw with it's dust collection and being totally enclosed. So I made the purchase. So far it has been a great investment, but I have only had it for 1 week. The only information I found was at the Hitachi web site.
  • RONZWORLD

RONZWORLD replied the topic: hitachi c10fl table saw

JUST A NOTE TO STEELFLY,ZIGGY&TCJ4. I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE HITACHI C10FL TABLE SAW ,WOW! I'M IMPRESSED! THE BLADE WAS RIGHT ON FROM THE FACTORY ON THE 45 & THE 90 DEGREE STOPS , I REPLACED THE STOCK FACTORY BLADE W/A FREUD DIABLO AND THE SAW SMOOTHED OUT TO THE POINT OF STANDING A NICKEL ON EDGE WHILE STARTING AND RUNNING COLD, AM GOING TO CHANGE THE FACTORY BELT TO A POWER TWIST PLUS V-BELT AND THIS SAW SHOULD HAVE ALMOST NO VIBRATION AT ALL! I LOVE THE BUILT IN CASTER SYSTEM IT MAKES THE SAW A BREEZE TO MOVE AROUND THE SHOP AND IT SAVES YOU FROM HAVING TO BUY AN EXPENSIVE ROLLER BASE. THIS SAW IS HEAVY! A FRIEND OF MINE HELPED ME PUT IT TOGETHER,TOOK ABOUT 2HR.,FOR THE PRICE....YOU CAN'T BEAT IT. I RESEARCHED TABLE SAWS FOR 3 WKS. BEST I COULD FIND IN THIS PRICE RANGE. I ALSO HAVE AN HITACHI PLUNGE ROUTER AND A PAD SANDER, GOOD EQUIPMENT. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU MAKE YOUR DECISION A MORE INFORMED ONE. BY THE WAY, IT HAS ALL SORTS OF POWER! 8)
  • ziggy

ziggy replied the topic: hitachi saw

Ronzworld- Thanks for the update- I'm sold. By the way, since I still haven't gotten over to Lowe's for an inspection--Is the blade left-tilt and does the mitre slot accept standard 3/4" accessories? Not that I have anything against right-tilt, except that I've never used one and since I'm so used to left-tilt I'd probably cut my fingers off on a right-tilt. But the mitre-slot...I can't deal with the sloppy fit on my current saw and not being able to use a crosscut sled or tenoning jig without first fabricating crappy-fitting rails.
  • RONZWORLD

RONZWORLD replied the topic: HITACHI C10FL TABLE SAW

HEY, ZIGGY, GO TO LOWES AND CHECK IT OUT ! IT'S LEFT TILT AND THE RUNOUT ON THE T-SLOT IS NEGLEGIBLE ON MY MACHINE. MAYBE .005 MAX. IT'S A GOOD SAW I DON'T THINK YOU'LL REGRET BUYING IT. I'VE HAD NOT ONE WHIMPER OUT OF IT.I LIKE IT!! 8)