Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Table saw

• mhwitt74
  • mhwitt74's Avatar Topic Author

mhwitt74 created the topic: Table saw

Hey guys,

I have a Ridgid TS2400-1 table saw and the locking mechanism for the fence just broke. I have had it for years and it has seen a lot of action. The part that broke is the metal rod that runs all the way through the fence. It has a nut on one end and then the piece that fits into the lock handle. The piece that goes into the handle is what broke. I know it's a long shot but does anyone here have this piece? I have checked all around and even with Ridgid and the entire fence has been discontinued. Any help will be appreciated.
  • spangle001

spangle001 replied the topic: Table saw

I think that's the little portable saw isn't it?? A nice little saw, I have done demos using that saw, I liked it.

I have seen those rods many times, the ones that run through fences.
Most of the ones I have seen have been fairly simple to manufacture. Once in a while they have a slight bend in them but other than that, some steel rod, and appropriate die set and you could be back in business.

The other option is taking it to a metal shop to get an estimate ... if you are in love with the saw, it might be worth checking out.

Derek replied the topic: Table saw

I have contacted a couple of friends whom are Contractors and they have had similar issues with the older saws. No luck on parts though.

I agree with Spangle's advice. It should be fixable issue.

Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhwitt74

JKINNARD replied the topic: Table saw

For just the rod, a piece of allthread from Lowes or HD would be a good place to start. This is the HD info for a 1/4" x 36" for about $2:
Crown Bolt
Model # 17320
Internet # 100338099
Store SKU # 671207

However it sounds like there is a special end that fits into the cam handle broke off. I don't know how difficult it will be to fashion a similar end on the allthread.
  • mhwitt74
  • mhwitt74's Avatar Topic Author

mhwitt74 replied the topic: Table saw

Thanks for the advice. The threaded rod I think will work it's just that it broke up inside of the little connector on the end. I have it soaking in WD40. If I can get that tip of the threaded rod out I will be able to fix it. I would hate not to fix it. I have had it for about 10-12 years and it has seen many board feet of lumber run through it. It's been a great saw. I will keep you guys updated. Oh, and anyone wth an idea on how to get that little bugger out let me know. Thanks again!

Derek replied the topic: Table saw

Hey everyone,

mhwitt74, the only way that comes to mind is to center drill it and using an easy-out.
I really hope you can fix it.

Derek

Join Us On:

YouTube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
   Pinterest
   Google+