Top Banner

Free Catalog

Follow Us

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Table saw pusher block

JKINNARD created the topic: Table saw pusher block

I have been using a Micro Jig GRR-Riper push block and think it is one of the safest ways to push wood through a table saw. The attachments are nice but I have found that only the basic block is needed for most of my cutting. Since I didn't want to always be attaching and removing parts, some similar but basic pusher blocks seemed like a good idea. The following is my first attempt at one.

The main block is a 3 1/2" by 7" rectangle cut from a flat piece of 2x6. The handle is 6" by 2 1/4" cut from a 2x4.

The 1/2" deep notches for top of the saw blade to pass through the block were cut with a router. The left side notch is 1/2" wide starting 1/4" from the side of the block. The right side notch is 1 3/8" wide starting 1/2" from the right side of the block.

I used E6000 adhesive from Walmart to attach some rubber strips on the bottom surfaces of the block. (Holes are the counter sinks for the handle screws.) Some of the non-slip stuff might be better than rubber but the rubber seems to work OK.

Attachments:

Glen replied the topic: Table saw pusher block

I like the looks of those GRRRipper blocks too!! Too much $$ for a cheapo like myself. Been wanting to build my own like you did. Thank You for the idea on how to go about it.